Cillian Murphy is a well-known Irish actor, guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Famous for his roles in the films 28 Days Later (2003) and Red Eye (2005), Cillian Murphy is a well-known actor. His crime series Peaky Blinders is also widely known.
Cillian Murphy is an Irish actor born in Douglas, Ireland, on May 25, 1976, but grew up in Ballintemple. Initially, he was a rock musician, but he eventually discovered his passion for acting. He is most recognized for playing Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow in the Dark Knight Trilogy.
In addition, he has been popular since 2013 as Thomas Shelby in the Netflix series Peaky Blinders.
Murphy has also acted in several films, including 28 Days Later, Intermission, Cold Mountain, Red Eye, and Breakfast on Pluto, for which he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy.
This post will discuss Cillian Murphy’s Bio, Weight, Height, Relationship, Net Worth, Bio, Career, and Achievements.
Early Life of Cillian Murphy
He was born in Douglas, Ireland. Cillian Murphy’s father’s name is Brendan Murphy, and her mother’s name is unknown. He has three siblings: Paidi Murphy, Sile Murphy, and Orla Murphy.
Cillian Murphy Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on May 25, 1976. Cillian Murphy’s age is 47 as of October 2023. Her height is 5 feet 9 inches, and he weighs around 75kg. He has Light Blue eyes and Black hair. Cillian Murphy belongs to Ireland nationality, and her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Cillian Murphy Education
Cillian Murphy attended a Catholic secondary school for his primary education. He studied at University College Cork & Presentation Brother College, both in Cork, Ireland. He completed his law degree. We are searching for future-accessible information that is now unavailable.
Cillian Murphy Personal Life
Cillian Murphy has a spouse. The name of his wife is Yvonne McGuinness. She is four years older than him. In 1996, Cillian first met her. Cillian and Yvonne wed in August 2004 after years of dating. With Yvonne, he has two boys named Malachy & Carrick, nicknamed Aran.
Cillian Murphy Professional Career
- After seeing Corcadorca Theatre Company’s “A Clockwork Orange” performance in Dublin, Cillian Murphy’s passion for acting expanded enormously. In September 1996, he made his acting debut in the play “Disco Pigs.” About a year later, he appeared in the short film “Quando” by Declan Recks. In 1999, he starred opposite Paloma Baeza & Sinead Keenan in his first feature film, “Sunburn.”
- After a string of roles in indie films, he was cast as the protagonist in “28 Days Later” (2002). With a budget of $8 million, Boyle’s post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film grossed $84.7 million at the box office. In the sci-fi thriller “Sunshine,” they once again collaborated (2007). Murphy contacted scientist Brian Cox for his portrayal of nuclear physicist and astronaut Robert Capa.
- In “Red Eye” by “Master of Horror” Wes Craven, Murphy’s bright blue eyes & natural good looks complemented the cruel and horrific qualities of the monster he portrayed. In 2006, he portrayed Damien O’Donovan in “The Wind That Shakes the Barley,” Ken Loach’s Palme d’Or-winning film.
- In addition, he has portrayed a transgender orphan seeking love in ‘Breakfast on Pluto’ (2005), Lucy Liu’s love interest in ‘Watching the Detectives’ (2007), and Robert De Niro and Sigourney Weaver’s co-stars in ‘Red Lights’ (2012).
- Since ‘Disco Pigs,’ he has established himself as a prominent theatrical performer. He has appeared in productions of “Much Ado About Nothing” (1998), “The Shape of Things” (2002), “Misterman” (2011), and “Ballyturk” (both by Enda Walsh) (2014).
- His most notable television appearance was in the British crime thriller “Peaky Blinders’ ‘ (2013-present). He plays Tommy Shelby, the wise and ambitious leader of the Romantic-Irish gang in “Peaky Blinders.” In 2015, he also narrated the BBC environmental program “Atlantic: The Wildest Ocean on Earth.”
- In 2017, he participated in “The Delinquent Season,” a film directed by Mark O’Rowe.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Cillian Murphy|
|Birth Place:||Douglas, Ireland|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||May 25, 1976|
|Age/How Old:||47 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 175cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 9″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 75Kg|
In Pounds – 165lbs
|Eye Color:||Light Blue|
|Parents Name:||Father – Brendan Murphy|
Mother – Will Update Soon
|Siblings:||Paidi Murphy, Sile Murphy, and Orla Murphy|
|School/College:||Catholic Secondary School, University College Cork & Presentation Brother College|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Yvonne McGuinness|
|Kids/Children Name:||Malachy & Carrick, nicknamed Aran|
|Profession:||Actor, Guitarist, Singer, And Songwriter|
|Net Worth:||Approximately $20 Million|
|Last Updated:||October 2023|
Cillian Murphy Awards and Achievements
- Cillian Murphy earned his first prize, the Best Actor Award, at the 2002 Ourense Independent Film Festival, for his performance in the film adaptation of “Disco Pigs.”
- In 2006, he was nominated for a Golden Globe for “Breakfast on Pluto.”
- In 2008, his movie “The Dark Knight” won the ACCA Award for The Best Cast Ensemble.
- His performance as Thomas Magill in “Misterman” earned him the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Solo Performance in 2012.
- In 2014, he received the Golden FIPA AWARD for Best Actor in a Television Series or Serial for his performance in “Peaky Blinders.”
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Cillian Murphy in 2023
Murphy does have a net value of approximately $20 million, with movies being his primary source of income.
Filmmaking, acting, film production, modelling, brand ambassadors, singing, concerts, concerts, television series, & advertising are his primary sources of income. His monthly revenue is between $1,500,000 and $2,000,000 USD.