Paul Graham is a computer scientist, venture capitalist, essayist, author, entrepreneur, & computer programmer.
His most recognizable accomplishments are his knowledge of the Lisp programming language and his former business Viaweb (now Yahoo! Store).
|Real Name/Full Name||Paul Graham|
|Birth Place:||Wеуmоuth, Dоrѕеt, Еnglаnd|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||Nоvеmbеr 13, 1964|
|Age/How Old:||58 years old as of 2022|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 172cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 78Kg|
In Pounds – 171lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – Will Update Soon|
Mother – Will Update Soon
|Siblings:||Will Update Soon|
|School/College:||Cornell University, Harvard University, Rhode Island School of Design, Accademia di Belle Arti|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Jessica Livingston|
|Profession:||Computer Scientist, Venture Capitalist, Essayist, Author, Entrepreneur, & Computer Programmer|
|Net Worth:||$50 Million|
|Last Updated:||June 2023|
Paul is the author of On Lisp (1993; Prentice Hall), ANSI Common Lisp (1995; Prentice Hall), and Hackers & Painters (2004), all published by O’Reilly. He holds an AB from Cornell and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Harvard, and he studied painting at RISD or the Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze.
Early Life of Paul Graham
He was born in Wеуmоuth, Dоrѕеt, Еnglаnd. Paul Graham’s father’s name is unknown, and his mother’s name is unknown. Nothing is known about Paul Graham’s siblings. Unknown are the details of his childhood.
Must read: Robert Fakhouri Net Worth, Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Girlfriend
Paul Graham Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on Nоvеmbеr 13, 1964. Paul Graham’s age is 58 years old as of 2022. He is 5′ 8″ tall and weighs around 78kg. He has Hazel eyes and Brown hair. Paul Graham belongs to the Вrіtіѕh nationality, and his zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Paul Graham Education
In 1986, Paul Graham earned a Bachelor of Philosophy degree from Cornell University. Harvard University also awarded him a Master of Science and a doctorate in philosophy. Additionally, he studied painting at the Rhode Island School of Design and Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence.
Paul Graham Personal Life
An outstanding programmer is a family man who resides in England with his wife and two children. In 2008, he married the famous American author Jessica Livingston. Jessica is also a founding partner of Y Combinator, an early-stage business capital firm. She further organizes Startup School.
Paul Graham loves to keep his life secret. He has not disclosed his children’s names or their rarity or duration of life to the media. Additionally, he confessed that he had been in a single relationship. As for his lucky color, he also views deep red.
Must read: Ann Tarter Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Husband, Net Worth
Paul Graham Professional Career
- In 1966, Paul Graham & Robert Morris established Viaweb. After that, they recruited Trevor Blackwell. Graham states that the first application service provider (ASP) was Viaweb.
- Most Viaweb is developed in Common Lisp, allowing users to construct their online storefronts. Later, Yahoo! acquired Viaweb in exchange for 455,000 shares of Yahoo! stock valued at $49.6 million. Later, Viaweb was renamed Yahoo! Store.
- He also achieved notoriety as a writer. Hackers & Painters is a compilation of his writings released by O’Reilly Media. The essays cover the development of Viaweb and why he programmed it with Lisp.
- Graham stated in 2001 that he was developing a new dialect of Lisp called Arc. It was introduced in 2008. He also continued writing articles on the language’s characteristics and objectives. Some of his writings also discussed the Arc-written internal projects at Y Combinator, such as the Hacker News web forum and news aggregation tool.
- In 2005, he delivered a lecture at Harvard University with Trevor Blackwell, Jessica Livingston, and Robert Morris. This resulted in the formation of Y Combinator, which provides investment to companies, particularly those focusing on technology.
- Y Combinator has invested in several ventures, such as AirBnB, Reddit DropBox, InstaCart, and Stripe Paystack. It has financed over a thousand startup companies.
- Paul Graham was named on BusinessWeek’s 2008 list of The 25 Most Influential People on the Web.
- In October 2019, Graham unveiled the Bel dialect of the Lisp programming language.
Paul Graham Awards and Achievements
Graham has accomplished much in his lifetime, particularly academically. He holds a Ph.D. in computer science from the prestigious Harvard University, a Cornell University philosophy bachelor’s degree, and a RISD painting degree.
According to technology journalist Steven Levy, Graham is the author of multiple computer programming books and calls a hacker philosopher. Graham is a co-founder of the company Y Combinator, which has expedited the growth of several startup firms. This makes him a fantastic entrepreneur, as YC has invested in many British startups.
Paul co-founded Viaweb with Robert Morris, which he regarded as the first Application Service Provider. Even though Viaweb was sold to Yahoo and renamed Yahoo! Store, he still holds shares in the firm.
Graham’s written articles, such as Graham’s hierarchy of disagreement and the Bulb paradox, contribute to his many accomplishments.
Graham’s expertise in computer science was highlighted in the 2008 issue of BusinessWeek. He was listed in the list of The 25 Most Influential People on the Internet.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Paul Graham in 2022
Paul Graham’s projected net worth as of January 2022 is $50 million in money and assets. However, the full details of his profits are not available to the public.
In addition, a significant portion of Graham’s money is derived from the Y Combinatory and Hacker News websites. Graham also receives substantial revenue from his ownership stake in the Yahoo stores.
Graham has a little additional source of income, as his firm cum organization has invested in many small businesses, and he has produced several computer programming books.