Emma D’Arcy is a well-known British actress. She is widely recognized for her roles in films and television series. She is famous for her portrayal in the comedy-horror television series Truth Seeker (2020). In 2022, she portrayed Rhaenyra Targaryen in the HBO fantasy drama House of the Dragon, which served as a prequel to Game of Thrones.
|Real Name/Full Name||Emma D’Arcy|
|Birth Place:||London, England|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||June 27, 1992|
|Age/How Old:||30 years old as of 2022|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 170cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 57Kg|
In Pounds – 125lbs
|Hair Color:||Light-Mid Brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – Richard John D’Arcy|
Mother – Sally Elizabeth Darcy
|School/College:||Ruskin School of Art at Oxford University|
|Boyfriend:||Thomas May Bailey|
|Last Updated:||June 2023|
Early Life of Emma D’Arcy
She was born in London, England. Emma D’Arcy’s father’s name is Richard John D’Arcy, and her mother is Sally Elizabeth Darcy. Her father was the fifth Viscount Hardinge, and she had two older half-brothers who were the sixth and seventh Viscounts Hardinge.
Emma D’Arcy Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
She was born on June 27, 1992. Emma D’Arcy’s age is 30 years old as of 2022. She stands 5′ 7″ tall and weighs around 57kg. She has blue-green eyes and light-mid brown hair. Emma D’Arcy belongs to the British nationality, and her zodiac sign is Cancer.
Must read: Genise Shelton Bio, Age, Career, Husband, Net Worth, Married To Medicine
Emma D’Arcy Education
Emma was born and raised in London. Regarding her educational history, she attended school in the same city. They attended the Ruskin School of Art at Oxford University in England. Additionally, they were the Co-Artistic Directors of the Forward Arena Theatre Company.
Gender: Emma D’Arcy Are They Non-Binary?
Yes. Emma D’Arcy is nonbinary and utilizes gender-neutral pronouns, which is true. The non-binary person has a sibling named Loe (born Chlo D’Arcy), who is also non-binary and favors gender-neutral pronouns, contrary to what some reports claim.
House Of The Dragon starring Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
House Of The Dragon is the precursor novel to Game Of Thrones, is set about 200 years before the original series, and chronicles the fortunes of House Targaryen. And Rhaenyra Targaryen, princess of Emma, fits into this narrative as the king’s firstborn child. She is of Valyrian descent and desires to become a dragon rider. However, her life aspirations are naturally constrained because she was not born a man.
Emma assumes the role of the grownup princess after Milly Alcock portrays the youthful Rhaenyra.
Viserys, Rhaenyra’s father and the king (Paddy Considine), ascends to the throne over Rhaenys (Eve Best), his older female cousin with a better claim.
However, conflict arises years later when the monarch chooses his adolescent daughter (Rhaenyra) over his brother as his heir.
Soon after, the future queen also discovers that her previous closest allies have become her greatest adversaries. Thus, a new, promising chapter in the House Of The Dragon’s history starts.
Must read: Judge Maya Guerra Gamble Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Husband, Net Worth
Emma D’Arcy Personal Life
- Emma D’Arcy had a partner in 2022 and chose to identify them publicly. However, they did admit to having a companion.
- When speaking to Entertainment Weekly about creating a “very quick audition tape” for princess Rhaenyra using an iPhone during the lockdown, they mentioned their “partner” who had to help them build a makeshift wig to cover their typical buzz cut.
- They described how they spent 24 hours attempting to achieve the desired hairstyle for Emma’s audition. Emma revealed that their boyfriend would spend an hour and a half doing their hair extensions every time they recorded.
- Other than that, Emma has kept their personal experiences mostly quiet. However, as of 2022, it appeared like this collaborator they were discussing could be the stage and film director Thomas May Bailey.
- Because the majority of Emma’s recent posts were not only shared with him but also taken by him. Additionally, they were witnessed spending time with their family.
- If this is accurate and Emma and Thomas are in a relationship, they have been together since at least 2013. Emma’s mother was observed praising Emma and Thomas for their outstanding performance in a play during this period. So, you know that it was Emma’s first play and that they co-directed and acted in it.
- Thomas recently posted on Instagram (@tmayb) that he served as an assistant director on the film adaptation of the Jane Austen novel Persuasion.
- Before that, he completed the New York Times Brian Forbes directing program and the National Theatre Studio Directors’ Course. He was a Resident Assistant Director at the Donmar Warehouse in 2019 and 2020.
Emma D’Arcy Professional Career
D’Arcy has been in several theatrical plays, including Romeo and Juliet, The Games We Played, The Crucible at The Yard Theatre, and Against at the Almeida Theatre.
She has also participated in various television programs, including Truth Seekers, a comedy horror series starring Nick Frost that will launch in 2020 on Amazon Prime Video.
D’Arcy also appears in the second season of the Amazon Prime Video series “Hanna” and the 2018 debut of Nick Payne’s co-produced BBC One and Netflix thriller “Wanderlust.”
She starred in the 2020 release of Philippa Lowthorpe’s film “Misbehavior.”
D’Arcy portrays Rhaenyra Targaryen, the firstborn child of King Viserys. A dragon rider and pure-blooded Valyrian) in the Game of Thrones spinoff series “House of the Dragon” on HBO.
The series production began in April 2021 and debuted its first episode on August 21, 2022. According to reports, the first season has a total of ten episodes.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Emma D’Arcy in 2022
Emma has an outstanding track record as a theatrical actor. Despite having only recently made their television debut, the young actress has gained favor with the audience. Her current net worth is $500,000, but it will undoubtedly increase with the release of House of the Dragons.