Brittney Yevette Griner is known as Brittney Griner. He is an American professional basketball player from Houston, Texas. She is the first NCAA basketball player to achieve 2,000 points & block 500 shots. In addition, the 27-year-old athlete is now a member of the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association).
Rivals.com ranked Griner as the top High School female basketball player in the US in 2009. She also guided Baylor University to a national title in 2012.
Brittney remained involved in several conflicts in 2013 despite becoming a lesbian. During the conversation, she also disclosed that she was the victim of severe bullying due to her size. Additionally, her father did not accept her as a lesbian. Later, she became the first openly lesbian athlete ever signed by Nike.
Early Life of Brittney Griner
She was born in Houston, Texas, USA. Brittney Griner’s father’s name is Raymond, and her mother’s name is Sandra Griner. She has three siblings: Decarlo Griner, Shkera Griner, and Pier Griner.
Brittney Griner Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
She was born on October 18, 1990. Brittney Griner’s age is 33 as of December 2023. As for her height, she is 6 feet and 9 inches tall, and she weighs around 93kg. Both of her eyes are black, and her hair is a deep brown. Brittney Griner belongs to American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Libra.
Brittney Griner Education
Brittney Griner received her secondary education from Nimitz High School, a public institution with two campuses in her city. In 2009, when she was in her last year of high school, she ranked Brittney as the nation’s top basketball athlete. Later, Griner resumed her basketball career at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
Could Brittney Griner be a lesbian?
Brittney Yevette Griner is now involved in a heterosexual relationship. Specifically, she identifies as a lesbian.
Brittney Griner Personal Life
- Brittney Griner became a lesbian in public on February 11, 2013. It was during a media interview. She is happily remarried to Cherelle T. Griner. The pair just celebrated their third wedding anniversary on June 19, 2021. On August 2, 2018, the couple posted on Instagram that they were getting married. According to Brittney’s latest Instagram anniversary post, the couple originally met at Baylor.
- She married Glory Johnson from May 8, 2015, to June 27, 2016. A previous engagement announcement came between the two WNBA players on August 14, 2014. Eight months after their engagement, on April 22, 2015, the couple was arrested for accusations of violence and disorderly behaviour. The cops broke up the couple’s altercation at their Goodyear, Arizona, residence.
- In addition, on May 15, 2015, both she and Glory were punished for seven games by the WNBA. This occurred after the former pled guilty to counts of disorderly behaviour. In addition, she was required to undergo 26 weeks of treatment for domestic violence.
- Similarly, the couple revealed Glory’s twin pregnancy on June 4, 2015. The next day, she applied for a marital annulment. In addition, although Glory became pregnant through IVF using her eggs and donor sperm, she has no biological tie to the twins. In June 2016, the couple’s divorce was formalised.
Brittney Griner Professional Career
- She plays professional basketball in the United States for the Phoenix Mercury of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Brittney played collegiate basketball for the Baylor Lady Bears in Waco, Texas. She is the first player in NCAA history to score 2,000 points & block 500 shots.
- The All-American was voted the AP Player of the Year and the Final Four’s Most Valuable Player in 2012. In 2009, Rivals.com ranked Brittney as the country’s top high school female basketball player. She was named to the 2009 All-American basketball team for the Phoenix Mercury.
- In 2016, she was a member of the United States women’s Olympic team and guided them to victory in Rio. After being selected to the US women’s national team in 2021, she won a second gold medal in the 2020 Olympics.
- She is one of eleven women to have won an Olympic gold medal, an NCAA title, a FIBA World Cup gold medal, and a WNBA title. I
- Russian Customs arrested Brittney Griner in February 2023 on suspicion that her baggage contained cartridges carrying hashish oil.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Brittney Griner (Brittney Yevette Griner)|
|Birth Place:||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||October 18, 1990|
|Age/How Old:||33 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 205cm |
In Feet and Inches – 6 ′ 9″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 93Kg|
In Pounds – 205lbs
|Hair Color:||Deep Brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – Raymond|
Mother – Sandra Griner
|Siblings:||Decarlo Griner, Shkera Griner, and Pier Griner|
|School/College:||Nimitz High School, Baylor University|
|Relationship:||Cherelle T. Griner, Glory Johnson (Ex)|
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Social Media:||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
|Last Updated:||December 2023|
Brittney Griner’s Professional stats
As previously stated, Brittney began her professional career while still in school. She played basketball for the Baylor Lady Bears, the university’s squad. She demonstrated outstanding abilities on the field; consequently, she has been voted the AP Player of the Year and the Final Four’s Most Valuable Player.
The player joined the Phoenix Mercury in 2009. Her ESPY win for Best Female Athlete seemed inevitable. In 2016, she was among the Olympic Summer Games players who led the squad to victory.
She is the only basketball player in history to have scored 2,000 points and blocked 500 shots. The footballer is a centre for Phoenix Mercury as of May 2023.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Brittney Griner in 2023
In 2023, the NCAA Champion is expected to have a net worth of $5 million. She gets money from her professional basketball career and endorsements.