Veteran English middle-distance runner kelly holmes. Dame Kelly Holmes was born in Pembury, Kent, on April 19, 1970, close to Royal Tunbridge Wells; she is 52 years old. She was an English intermediate runner in the past. Holmes focussed on the 800 and 1,500-metre races at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, winning gold in both divisions. Kelly began her sports training at the age of twelve. At 18, she enlisted in the British Army and put her athletic career on hold.
She still holds several British marks, notably those for the 600- and 1,000-metre sprints. Kelly maintained the British 800-metre title until 2021. She is the first British woman in Olympic history to have won gold in the same event.
We will determine whether Kelly Holmes is interested in this article. Read on to discover whether or not Kelly Holmes is married and for other details. Learn more about her, her marriage, her age, and her history and facts.
Early Life of kelly holmes
She was born in Kent’s Pembury. Her parents, Derrick Holmes and Pam Norman gave birth to her. Derrick, her father, is a Jamaican-born auto technician. Her mother, Pam, on the other hand, is of English descent. Pam was a teenager when she became pregnant with her daughter Kelly. After one year, Kelly’s biological father abandoned the family. Her mother, Pam, wed a man called Michael Norris. She has four siblings: Stuart Norris, Penny Thomson, Lisa Lewis, and Kevin Norris.
kelly holmes Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
She was born on April 19, 1970. Kelly Holmes’s age is 53 as of September 2023. She Stands 5 feet 5 inches, and she weighs around 55kg. She has Black eyes and Black hair. Kelly Holmes belongs to British nationality, and her zodiac sign is Aries.
Olympic gold medalist Kelly Holmes reveals she is Gay
- Kelly Holmes, one of Britain’s most recognized Olympic victors, declared that she is homosexual today, stating that she “wanted to do this now.” SOCIAL media have been swamped with sympathy for Holmes.
- During Pride Month, the two-time Olympic gold medalist stated that she realized she was homosexual at 17 after kissing a female soldier and that her family and friends had known her since 1997.
- She told the Sunday Mirror, “I have to do this for me now.” It was my choice. I am hesitant to express it. I’m on the verge of exploding with enthusiasm. Sometimes I shed tears of relief. I will be free of that worry as soon as this is published.”
- Holmes, 52, who was made Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2005 for services to athletics, also revealed that she had struggled with her mental health due to having to conceal her sexuality and that she had to keep several same-sex relationships she had while serving in the Women’s Royal Army Corps a secret for fear of being court-martialed.
- Before the year 2000, it was unlawful for homosexual, lesbian, and bisexual individuals to serve in the Army, Navy, and RAF, and Dame Kelly believed she would face sanctions for breaching this rule during her tenure in the armed forces.
kelly holmes Education
She spent most of her youth in Hildenborough, England. Regarding her childhood education, she attended Hildenborough CEP School. At age 12, she began running practice and joined the TonBridge Athletics Club, where David Arnold was her coach. In her second season, she won the 1,500-metre event for English Schools. Kelly Holmes won the gold medal at the Athens, Greece, 2004 Summer Olympics.
kelly holmes Personal Life (Is Kelly Holmes a Gay?)
- Kelly Holmes has come out publicly as a lesbian and is now free after 34 years. Kelly, on the other hand, is not wed.
- She stated that she discovered she was a lesbian at 18, with her family being aware of her sexual orientation since 1997. She is now in a romantic relationship with a lady, but they are not married.
- Things changed once she joined the Women’s Royal Army Corps in 1988, and a fellow soldier kissed her in the lavatory block a month before her 18th birthday. She dated a lady for five years between the ages of 27 and 32 but ended the relationship in 2002.
kelly holmes Professional Career
- Dame Kelly Holmes etched her name in the annals of history by being the first British female athlete to win the 800m and 1500m at the 2004 Olympic Games.
- Kelly’s performances on the track in 2004 paved the way for 27 high-profile prizes and honours, including BBC Sports Personality of the Year, European Athlete of the Year, and the coveted title of Laureus World SportsWoman of the Year, as well as a Damehood from the Queen in 2005.
- In 1988, Kelly began her professional life as a member of the British Army. Kelly opted to leave the military in 1997, after attaining the rank of Sergeant, to pursue a senior athletics career full-time.
- Kelly was granted a Member of the British Empire for her service to the British Army upon her departure.
- Kelly Holmes has improved both her personal and professional career paths since her 2005 retirement.
- In January of 2004, Kelly founded On ‘Camp’ with Kelly, a mentorship and instructional program for youth middle distance athletes.
- In 2008, she formed her foundation, the Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust, of which she is the active Chair, to assist other high performers as they develop a new profession while mentoring young people via personal development initiatives.
- Kelly Holmes is also an Ambassador and Patron for several UK organisations and a vital part of the London 2012 Olympic bid’s Ambassador team.
- Kelly headed an Olympic Legacy Taskforce on behalf of David Cameron and proposed a ‘School Olympics’ as part of the athletic legacy following London 2012, which has now been implemented as policy.
- She has just joined the Commission for Women in Sport and is the
- president of the Commonwealth Games England.
- She has a company that develops workout programs, equipment, and health goods.
- Since making history in the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Dame Kelly Holmes has utilised her experience and knowledge to speak on overcoming hardship and inspiring perseverance. Everyone she encounters is captivated by Kelly’s heartfelt words.
- Dame Kelly provides vital knowledge from her experiences as a Physical Training Instructor in the British Army and her distinguished Athletics Career.
- These presentations are equally successful in huge team-building sessions, sales conferences, strategic retreats, and sessions on change management.
- Dame Kelly is also capable of leading physically active team-building exercises.
- Prepare to be impressed by her zeal and vitality.
- Must read: Fabio Vieira Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Parents, Girlfriend, Stars, Career, Net Worth
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||kelly holmes|
|Birth Place:||Kent’s Pembury|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||April 19, 1970|
|Age/How Old:||53 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 165cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 5″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 55Kg|
In Pounds – 121lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – Derrick Holmes, Michael Norris|
Mother – Pam Norman
|Siblings:||Stuart Norris, Penny Thomson, Lisa Lewis, and Kevin Norris|
|School/College:||Hildenborough CEP School|
|Relationship:||Will Update Soon|
|Net Worth:||Approximately $1.2 million|
|Last Updated:||September 2023|
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of kelly holmes in 2023
Kelly Holmes is among the most wealthy and well-known Association athletes. Therefore, how much is 51-year-old Kelly Holmes worth? Kelly holmes’ principal source of income is his athletic abilities. He is English. We have evaluated Kelly holmes’ net worth, income, assets, & salary.
Our research reveals that Kelly Holmes’s net worth is approximately $1.2 million.