Jacobus Antonius Peter Cillessen is the name of the world-famous goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, also known as Jasper Cillessen. He is now a part of FC Barcelona and the Dutch national team.
|Real Name/Full Name||Jasper Cillessen (Jacobus Antonius Peter Cillessen)|
|Birth Place:||Nijmegen, Netherlands|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||April 22, 1989|
|Age/How Old:||33 years old as of 2023|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 185 cm |
In Feet and Inches – 6 ′ 1″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 83Kg|
In Pounds – 182 lbs
|Hair Color:||Light Blonde|
|Parents Name:||Father – Ton Cillessen|
Mother – Nellie Cillessen
|Net Worth:||$1.19 Million|
|Social Media:||Instagram, Twitter|
|Last Updated:||October 2023|
He made his professional debut with NEC in 2010-2011 before signing with Ajax in 2011 and making his debut for the Netherlands national team in 2013. Toby Alderweireld was a teammate of his at Ajax. From 1996 until 2001, he played youth soccer with De Treffers.
Early Life of Jasper Cillessen
He was born in Nijmegen, Netherlands. Jasper Cillessen’s father’s name is Ton Cillessen, and his mother’s name is Nellie Cillessen. He has one sibling: Thomas Cillessen.
Jasper Cillessen Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on April 22, 1989. Jasper Cillessen’s age is 33 years old as of 2023. He is 6′ 1″ tall and weighs around 83kg. He has Blue eyes and Light Blonde hair. Jasper Cillessen belongs to Dutch nationality, and his zodiac sign is Taurus.
Jasper Cillessen Education
According to a few reports, he graduated from Han University in Nijmegen, Netherlands.
In addition, we are currently reviewing the information and will update it soon.
Jasper Cillessen Personal Life
- Jasper Cillessen is currently unmarried. However, he is in a relationship with his lovely long-term girlfriend, Joan Klooster. Joan graduated from HAN University, where the couple initially met and fell in love.
- In addition, Joan taught Physical Education at a high school before becoming a football player for OJC Rosmalen as an attacker.
- Jasper and Joan are also attractive pairs that like spending time together. In addition, she is often observed in the stadium cheering for his lover Jasper during the game.
- However, the Dutch goalie does not yet have children, and his fans anxiously anticipate his wedding to a beautiful woman. Additionally, Jasper Cillessen’s sexual orientation is certainly heterosexual.
Jasper Cillessen Professional Career
- Like other athletes, Jasper had an early start. He started his club career by joining the De Treffers youth team in the neighborhood.
- Subsequently, in 2001, he came to the attention of the NEC/FC Oss youth system, with whom he signed a professional deal in 2008 and began playing in the reserves.
- Following that, on August 28, 2010, he earned his senior debut due to an injury to their starting goalkeeper Gábor Babos.
- Therefore, he made his debut against SC Heerenveen, which concluded in a 2-2 draw and earned him man-of-the-match honors.
- Jasper maintained his place as goalkeeper even after Babis’ comeback.
- Consequently, he was granted a 2014-expiring, two-year contract extension with NEC.
- In addition, he was selected player of the year in Gelderland during his first season in 2010-11.
- On the same day, August 27, 2011, NEC agreed with Ajax to transfer Cillessen to the Amsterdam club for around €3 million.
- Jasper subsequently signed a five-year deal with Ajax, slated to expire in 2016.
- On September 21, 2011, he made his debut for the club against VV Noordwijk in the second round of the KNVB Cup.
- In addition, the game resulted in a 3-1 victory in which he performed well throughout, only failing in the 66th minute against Sijbren Bartleman.
- On October 23, 2011, Cillessen made his debut for the club in the 2011-12 Eredivisie season.
- During the game against Feyenoord, goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer was sent off in the 66th minute and was replaced by substitute Gregory van der Wiel.
- Cillssen’s contribution to the tie was substantial (1-1). Cillessen maintained his pace and experienced a breakthrough during the 2013 preseason when he made his Eredivisie debut with Ajax.
- For instance, the agreement included a transfer cost of €13 million plus €2 million in add-ons, and he was to replace the outgoing Claudio Bravo.
- After three training seasons, he made his La Liga debut against Alavés, stopping five shots on goal but losing 1-2.
- Cillessen played an important role in the Copa del Rey throughout the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons, starting 17 of the team’s 18 games.
- In the two subsequent Copa del Rey matches, Barcelona was victorious both times, giving the squad four consecutive titles from 2014-2015.
- His debut international encounter occurred in October 2010 against Ukraine. The national team coach, Cor Pot, called him up to participate in the encounter for the Netherlands’ under-21 national team in the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification play-offs.
- Upon entering his senior years, he was originally selected for the senior Netherlands squad’s 2010-11 season friendlies against Uruguay and Brazil.
- Later, manager Bert van Marwijk selected him for the Netherlands’ trip to South America.
- On May 7, 2012, Bert van Marwijk was one of nine uncapped players nominated to the preliminary squad.
- Consequently, he was named in the preliminary roster of 36 players for the 2012 UEFA Euro.
- In addition, on June 7, 2013, he made his debut for the Netherlands national team under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Finally, after numerous invitations, he played the first half of the Dutch’s 3-0 away victory against Indonesia in a friendly.
Jasper Cillessen Awards and Achievements
- 2015 and 2016 Player of the Year for AFC Ajax.
- Stats | Jasper Cillessen.
- Third-place result in the 2014 FIFA World Cup;
- 2014 Gillette Player of the Year.
- Runner-up in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League.
- The Gelderland Footballer of the Year in 2011.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jasper Cillessen in 2023
Through his professional career as a football goalie, Jasper Cillessen has amassed a vast fortune. Cillessen is now under contract with Barcelona, earning £500,000 a week and approximately £2.6 million annually.
It is estimated that he has a net worth of $1.19 million. Cillessen’s current market worth is $10.68 million, but it was $14.24 million a year ago, indicating a decline in his market value.
In addition to his football career, Cillessen has amassed a substantial portion of his net worth from endorsement deals with well-known brands, including Nike and ERA.
Today, the footballer and his spouse dwell in their own house in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, Netherlands. The cost of his Mercedes E200 is $105,950.