81. “Boy that Cordelia is a breath of vile air” — Xander, I love you.
82. He ain’t Xander, but he ain’t bad!
83. HE’S A VAMPIRE? NO! NO! NO!
84. Buffy is in love with Angel? Girl, slow down you’ve met him like twice.
85. Darla biting Buffy’s mom is sick.
86. Vampire’s can shoot guns? Also, who dressed her in a red pant suit? I want answers, Joss Whedon!
87. I get their love is all forbidden and crazy and all of that, but I still want her to date Xander.
I Robot, You Jane (Season 1, Episode 8)
88. He’s new.
89. Buffy is upset that Willow didn’t tell her about Malcolm, but I’m so serious when I say, I’m probably more upset that I wasn’t notified first.
90. I’m so done if Willow gets cat-fished. Why can’t she have nice things, Joss? WHY?
91. Do you think they could get on Twitter on those computers?
92. “Tell me you’re not slightly wigged” OK, but why did every 90s show in the history of TV use the phrase “wigged” or “wiggin?” Was it a rule?
93. Dave is having a conversation with a computer that doesn’t have a mic/camera on it, sounds legit.
94. This was definitely used as an internet safety video for all 90s kids.
95. DAVE IS DEAD! THAT IS SO MESSED UP! THIS SHOW IS FREAKING ME OUT!
96. OK. Who are you and what do you want with adorable kitten Willow?
97. At least they understand that the three of them will probably never meet a normal person to date.
The Puppet Show (Season 1, Episode 9)
97. Puppets freak me out, this ep isn’t going to go well for me I can feel it.
98. I think I need to have a full 60 Minutes style interview with whoever told Cordelia she could sing.
99. Yeah, no. I DO NOT like this episode. This puppet guy needs to chill out.
100. Another student death at Sunnydale that won’t freak anyone out enough to actually transfer out of Sunnydale!
101. Buffy looks like she is about to walk a red carpet.
102. Guys, I am so not into this ep. It definitely seems like it was a filler episode.
103. Xander put that puppet down! I will not sit through him being possessed again!
104. Giles didn’t sign up for any of this, honestly.
Nightmares (Season 1, Episode 10)
105. Oh we’re going to meet Buffy’s dad, this could be exciting!
106. To quote the musical Hamilton, “Who are you? Who is this kid? What’s he gonna do?”
107. I can totally picture teen girls being like, “Buffy wore a baby blue peacoat so I went out and bought a baby blue peacoat” when this aired.
108. But wait, why is the same kid who screamed when spiders were crawling all over now telling Xander that he is like a proud spider owner? Am I missing something here?
109. Buffy not even getting to write her name on that test before the class ended is me on so many levels.
110. Dear Xander, DAMN! — Love, Victoria
111. Either this isn’t real or Buffy’s dad is the worst person in the history of ever.
112. “He’s the ugly man!” Thank you, Billy for that super specific description.
113. I’m 10 episodes into my Buffy binge and I still don’t understand why Willow thinks its OK to go into dark alleys/stairwells/ anywhere, alone.
114. Billy turned Buffy into a vampire and I can’t even make myself a sandwich. OK.
115. Billy needs to wake up, now!
Out of Mind, Out of Sight (Season 1, Episode 11)
116. Buffy, this is like the third time this has happened. You need to invest in a different purse, girl. At least a purse with a better zipper.
117. “Color me totally self involved”…Dear Cordelia and everyone in any 90s movie/show, Why did you all use this “color me…” phrase?
118. Cordelia saying she’s only worried about Mitch because it’s going to ruin her prom pictures might be my favorite thing ever.
119. Angel’s back!
120. Yo, I see you fetus Clea DuVall!
121. Why would someone ever want to live in the crawl space in their school’s ceiling?
122. Cordelia asking for help from the golden trio (of Buffy)? I’m on board with this!
123. CLEA IS THE INVISIBLE GIRL? (Genuinely don’t know her character’s name!)
124. Angel saved Willow. Ten points for Angel!
Prophecy Girl (Season 1, Episode 12)
125. XANDER IS PRACTICING HOW TO ASK BUFFY TO THE DANCE WITH WILLOW!!! This is not a drill. I’m sobbing he is just too cute!
126. Random thought: Why did all 90s teen shows feature a group of really good looking teens and then offset them by having an awkward and strange adult hang around them all the time? Looking at you, Giles.
127. My heart cannot take this much cuteness!
128. No no no no she’s going to reject him. I can’t watch this. He wants more oh no my heart can’t take this. It’s like Kara and Winn all over again!
129. Just a hunch but I really don’t think you can just quit being the slayer, Buffy.
130. *Cue sad 90s breakup music and Buffy contemplating all of the boys in her life*
131. Oh no, Willow. She shouldn’t have had to see that.
132. Buffy’s about to slay some vampires in the cutest prom dress ever.
133. Predicting it now, Buffy is going to save the day from the Master, then she’s going to go to her prom and dance with Angel, and all is going to be well in Sunnydale.
134. Cordelia there is like 5 minutes left in Season 1 and I am FINALLY starting to like you.
135. So I guess I was kind of right?
136. DONE! Now on to Season 2!
After finishing Season 1 I think I will definitely continue on with the series. I won’t lie, Season 1 was a bit rough at times (probably due to the fact that it’s almost two decades old) but I really do adore all of the characters and will most certainly continue on this whole vampire killing journey. One thing that’s been clear throughout my whole binge, Buffy totally SLAYS!!!
What did you think of Buffy when it originally aired? Were you a fan from the start or did you binge it later on? Let us know in the comments!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is available for streaming on Netflix.
Victoria loves all things TV! Whether it's binging Grey's Anatomy (for the 4th time) or talking Orphan Black plot lines with her Professors, she's fully in love with the medium. Victoria loves television so much that she is studying it at Monmouth University. If you love hearing long rants about why Luke and Lorelai are meant for each other you should follow Victoria on twitter @VictoriaNelli.