After consuming toxic chemicals, an assisted living resident from California died

According to San Mateo police, a 93-year-old resident of a California nursing home died and two other people became ill after "ingesting poisonous substances."

Around 8:10 p.m. on Sunday, police were called in response to a report of a lady who had been poisoned at the Atria Hillsdale, according to the department.

According to a statement from the police, "three home care seniors were hospitalised after eating poisonous substances," and one of them, 93 years old, passed away.

According to Atria Park of San Mateo, which informed NBC Bay Area that it was completely working with investigations and that the tenants had been given dishwashing detergent instead of juice,

The police department's public information officer, Alison Gilmore, stated that the investigation is still ongoing and that further details would be made available as they become available.

The relevant employees have been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation, according to Atria Park, which also stated that it was conducting one.

An inquiry for comment from NBC News on Monday night went unanswered by Atria.

According to police, the California Department of Social Services is also looking into the matter.

Next: Texas train derails, killing one

Thanks for reading
Click Here