You don’t have to be a hardcore TV Junkie to know that without Chelsea Handler’s Chelsea Lately on TV anymore, there’s a huge, gapping, abyss-like hole on the late night spectrum. No disrespect to the Jimmys, Seth, Conan, John Oliver, Colberts, Stewarts and Cordens helming the after party crowds nowadays or anything, but there are some things that just need a female touch in order to resonate with the gal crowd.
So while we wait for Netflix to unveil Handler’s latest (unprecedented!) talk show deal, let’s catch up on her Uganda Be Kidding Me Live special and count down the ways in which she’s so sorely missed.
Oh, and comment below, follow and retweet us on Twitter with the #ToChelseaWithLove hashtag for your chance to win a year-long subscription to Netflix Canada, along with a copy of Handler’s book, Uganda Be Kidding Me. Canadian residents only, not available in Quebec.
1. She says things like this out loud that are actually sort of true. Except in the case of a certain royal baby bro…
“Along with 97 percent of women who can see, I’ve never been a fan of redhead men.”
2. She’s all about speaking her mind, and we’re down with that.
3. She gets our obsessions and the need to keep up with social trends.
4. Because sometimes, we just have to call out weird shit when it happens.
5. Even though we don’t always admit it out loud because it sounds cliche, sometimes all really do want to do is just cuddle.
6. As much as we try and stay up-to-speed on technology, sometimes we kind of need help. But we still want to be cute about it.
7. Because … who hasn’t been there?!?
8. The woman believes in equal rights, and is willing to stand up for them.
9. In more ways than one.
10. She promotes other women. What a concept!
11. She understands that we all want to be liked, but at the same time, you can’t win ’em all.
“First of all, who cares if people hate you? There’s always a guarantee that certain people will dislike you. There’s never any guarantee that anyone will like you. So if anyone likes you at all, you’ve already won.”
12. And finally, this. #YouKnowItsTrue
How are you missing a female voice on late night? To win a year-long subscription to Netflix Canada, along with a copy of Handler’s book, Uganda Be Kidding Me, comment below, follow and retweet us on Twitter with the #ToChelseaWithLove hashtag for your chance to Canadian residents only, not available in Quebec.